How do you become a trader on the Amsterdam Waterlooplein flea market?

You will need:

  • An entry in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce;
  • A valid I.D.;
  • For a non-EU resident, you will need to show, proof that you are allowed to work in the Netherlands : 
  • To be a market trader with a stall on different markets in different districts of Amsterdam you will nee a valid certificate of registration from the Market Office (Marktzaken) at the Town Hall. Depending on what you want to sell, you may also need a license as a market trader, site-owner or vendor. For this you can apply in the district in which you want to work:
  • A valid home address in the Netherlands;
  • To apply for a certificate of registration, you must be at least 18 years old.

You must come in person to the public affairs office of the Market Office (Marktzaken) where your request will be processed. The certificate is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed annually. You will be notified in writing when it is due for renewal. The certificate of registration is strictly personal and cannot be used by anyone else. However, if you have a certificate of registration it is possible for your partner or spouse to apply for a Partner Card.

leges 2018

Registration                                € 46,50

Replacement card                     € 22,45

Annual Renewal                        € 46,50

Changes / loss                           € 22,45

Would you like more information?

For more information about registration you can contact the department Market Office (Marktzaken), the telephone number is: +31206241111 (from abroad) of 14020 (from the Netherlands)

Amstel 1
Counter 25
Amsterdam (Centre)